The Acai Bowl is a refreshing low calorie meal full of antioxidants and fiber that could be used for your breakfast as well as your dessert.
Nutritional Values for the Acai Bowl
- Calories: 180
- Protein: 1 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbs: 40 g
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks and frozen
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 (3.5 oz) pkgs unsweetened frozen acai puree, thawed about 1/3 of the way under warm water
- 1/2 cup sweet fruit juice
Place bowls in freezer while preparing mixture.
Hit acai (in sealed packages) with a meat mallet to break into pieces.
To a high powered blender, add acai, banana pieces, blueberries, and juice.
Blend on a moderately low speed until smooth (lower speed works better for this thickness). If needed you can add a little more juice, and stir occasionally if it’s too thick to blend.
Food processor instructions:
Add bananas to processor, cover with lid and hold processor down (it will want to jump!) then pulse in bursts to break into tiny bits.
- Then, add blueberries, pulse in bursts to break into bits. Add acai and juice and pulse to a smooth puree.
Pour mixture into chilled bowls. Top with granola, fruit and drizzle with honey if desired.
Can’t cook in the morning because you are feeling too lazy so early in the day or because of lack of time? Order breakfasts that you could take with you on your way at work or for the next days with our app Ruddy.
Check out other Acai bowl recipes on The forked spoon.